Nutrition is a key element to whole body wellness and sets the tone for your health and wellbeing. Poor nutrition will wreak havoc on internal organs and the body as a whole. It will also increase an accumulation of toxins within the body. Fortunately, these toxins can be removed in a variety of ways, one of which is massage. Massage releases the toxins that are stored within the tissues and fat cells of our bodies. For maximum benefit it is important to fuel up correctly, pre and post massage. If you have ample time to plan, the best foods to have before and after a massage are as follows:
1. Magnesium rich foods (almonds, avocados, wild salmon, cashews, pumpkin, brown rice) help to reduce inflammation and can help to calm the nervous system, giving your body the ability to relax.
2. Drink water! Try to avoid too much caffeine/coffee right before in order to keep blood pressure stable.
1. Drinking room temperature water helps to eliminate toxins from the body quickly. 20 oz. within the hour following is ideal, continuing to drink plenty the rest of the day.
2. Dark chocolate at 70-85% cacao and blueberries are great to have after massage, as the antioxidants help to decrease inflammation.
3. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin K, folic acid, calcium and vitamin C, which all help to repair and protect cells in the body.
"Thanks so much - from the front desk, to my therapist Danny, to the owners. I felt supported by caring professionals while I recovered from my work related injuries. I felt encouraged to work hard to fully recover, and I feel like I have. Negotiating health care services can be overwhelming, but A2 made getting the care I needed straight forward. Thanks again for everything."
"My name is Irvin Markham. I am a member of A2 Physical Therapy and Fitness. I have been a member of several gyms but never had a personal trainer. With no schedule or workout plan, I would always eventually quit. My wife suggested to go see her personal trainer Kristi Cruz. What a difference the experience has made in helping me get the most out of my workouts. Kristi has not only helped me get 71 year old body back in shape physically, but mentally as well. She has put me on a set schedule and encourages me to do all the things I need to do to stay healthy. I cannot thank Kristi and the entire staff at A2 for all of the support they have shown me."
"My wife was trying to get me to go to A2 after she was enjoying the classes. I am busy and wanted to go but always had an excuse. Well one she pre-paid for me to go. Time for me to face my fears about why I hadn’t been going because now I am going. First, I was in ok shape active just not work out shape plus what if I couldn’t beat my wife or the other women in class? What if I passed out?
As Saturday approached my fears rose and my brain searched for an excuse. Yet when I arrived at the class what I found was nothing like I was fearing, quite the opposite. Everyone is focused on their own pace. While being motivating Kristi is not forceful but positive and supportive, coaching each person at their ability.
It has not been a month of one day a week, my body has reacted by toning up, my six pack is back. My wife was mad and happy at the same time. I have been seeing a chiropractor for maintenance and recently my body is firming up and I do not feel the aches and pains of getting older. Was I sore after the first workout? Yes for a few days I was sore, but each week the soreness would decrease. After a month I am not sore but stiff the next day, feeling stronger each workout.
Thank you, A2 Physical Therapy and Kristi, for the good music and for pushing us without pressuring us."