Nutrition is a key element to whole body wellness and sets the tone for your health and wellbeing. Poor nutrition will wreak havoc on internal organs and the body as a whole. It will also increase an accumulation of toxins within the body. Fortunately, these toxins can be removed in a variety of ways, one of which is massage. Massage releases the toxins that are stored within the tissues and fat cells of our bodies. For maximum benefit it is important to fuel up correctly, pre and post massage. If you have ample time to plan, the best foods to have before and after a massage are as follows:
1. Magnesium rich foods (almonds, avocados, wild salmon, cashews, pumpkin, brown rice) help to reduce inflammation and can help to calm the nervous system, giving your body the ability to relax.
2. Drink water! Try to avoid too much caffeine/coffee right before in order to keep blood pressure stable.
1. Drinking room temperature water helps to eliminate toxins from the body quickly. 20 oz. within the hour following is ideal, continuing to drink plenty the rest of the day.
2. Dark chocolate at 70-85% cacao and blueberries are great to have after massage, as the antioxidants help to decrease inflammation.
3. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin K, folic acid, calcium and vitamin C, which all help to repair and protect cells in the body.
"It was very helpful to be taught exercises I could do at home to alleviate the pain in my back and to make my stomach/diaphragm stronger. It was a great experience and I took away a lot of knowledge to help myself."
− T. Docherty
"After a three-car rear end accident, I had a concussion and severe whiplash. I picked A2 to help me recover. I will have to honestly say A2's expertise and therapists along with all the other staff, have been the "silver lining". They are very knowledgable and take the time to explain what they are doing. and why they are doing it. They are extremely friendly, thoughtful, and maintain flexible hours. I have followed the home exercises regularly and have seen steady improvement. This is very important as I am a small business owner with a physically demanding job. A2 has it all! Fantastic physical therapists, massage therapist, and personal fitness trainers, all under one roof. Alika is a visionary and A2 is the hidden jewel of PT, but not for long."
"Kristi gives me a great positive feeling; to feel good bout myself. I have never been able to keep up on a food journal- now its easy. My personal goals are to have a decreased pulse rate, be fit, and take care of my heart. I come in on Wednedays at 5 am. Sometimes its hard to ge tout of bed, but I know I am working with someone (Kristi) who I am accountable too. Kristi is always so pleasant and never makes me feel ashamed of myself. A2 is a great place, each person is so positive. You learn to feel better by getting your mind to feel better first…. Think positive! I love this place, I will recommend each personto A2 either for PT or personal training. You guys are #1!"