Nutrition is a key element to whole body wellness and sets the tone for your health and wellbeing. Poor nutrition will wreak havoc on internal organs and the body as a whole. It will also increase an accumulation of toxins within the body. Fortunately, these toxins can be removed in a variety of ways, one of which is massage. Massage releases the toxins that are stored within the tissues and fat cells of our bodies. For maximum benefit it is important to fuel up correctly, pre and post massage. If you have ample time to plan, the best foods to have before and after a massage are as follows:
1. Magnesium rich foods (almonds, avocados, wild salmon, cashews, pumpkin, brown rice) help to reduce inflammation and can help to calm the nervous system, giving your body the ability to relax.
2. Drink water! Try to avoid too much caffeine/coffee right before in order to keep blood pressure stable.
1. Drinking room temperature water helps to eliminate toxins from the body quickly. 20 oz. within the hour following is ideal, continuing to drink plenty the rest of the day.
2. Dark chocolate at 70-85% cacao and blueberries are great to have after massage, as the antioxidants help to decrease inflammation.
3. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin K, folic acid, calcium and vitamin C, which all help to repair and protect cells in the body.
"A2 has been wonderful in helping me with my elbow pain. The skilled staff has attacked my ailment with an array of methods. I came in with 6-7/10 pain and after a few weeks my elbow is down to 1-2/10. The environment is warm and welcoming. The staff is friendly and very skilled. They take the time to listen and formulate a personalized plan. One of the tools they use is the Neubie. I have had amazing results using it. Its ability to target and safely load a specific area is very helpful. Overall, A2 is amazing and I would highly recommend it to any and all!"
"Thanks so much - from the front desk, to my therapist Danny, to the owners. I felt supported by caring professionals while I recovered from my work related injuries. I felt encouraged to work hard to fully recover, and I feel like I have. Negotiating health care services can be overwhelming, but A2 made getting the care I needed straight forward. Thanks again for everything."
"A2 Physical Therapy has been an amazing place to be at for the past 3 years training with Kristi Cruz. I have had knee and shoulder issues and Alika has been great getting me back to doing the things I love. The staff here is always so loving and kind. I know when I come here I am always excited to be here. I love getting the warm smiles from everyone!"