Nutrition is a key element to whole body wellness and sets the tone for your health and wellbeing. Poor nutrition will wreak havoc on internal organs and the body as a whole. It will also increase an accumulation of toxins within the body. Fortunately, these toxins can be removed in a variety of ways, one of which is massage. Massage releases the toxins that are stored within the tissues and fat cells of our bodies. For maximum benefit it is important to fuel up correctly, pre and post massage. If you have ample time to plan, the best foods to have before and after a massage are as follows:
1. Magnesium rich foods (almonds, avocados, wild salmon, cashews, pumpkin, brown rice) help to reduce inflammation and can help to calm the nervous system, giving your body the ability to relax.
2. Drink water! Try to avoid too much caffeine/coffee right before in order to keep blood pressure stable.
1. Drinking room temperature water helps to eliminate toxins from the body quickly. 20 oz. within the hour following is ideal, continuing to drink plenty the rest of the day.
2. Dark chocolate at 70-85% cacao and blueberries are great to have after massage, as the antioxidants help to decrease inflammation.
3. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin K, folic acid, calcium and vitamin C, which all help to repair and protect cells in the body.
"A2 staff are friendly and informative. All my questions and concerns were addressed. I looked forward to my appointments because even if I didn’t see my progress, because it was so gradual, the staff here made sure to celebrate every move forward. I thought I’d always have a limp/never recover fully, but I was wrong!"
"The therapy did exactly as I had hoped, it helped alleviate my shoulder pain, and stopped the numbness from creeping down my arm to my hand. The exercises I was shown had the added benefit of helping keep my neck and traps loose and not so tense all the time. A great experience that I would recommend to anyone needing physical therapy."
− C. Wesley
"I began treatment with Alika after a back injury at work. I had already been out of work 3 weeks. Alika had an immediate impact on my back health and posture, providing more relief than I had felt with chiropractic/massage. Over the following month Alika used a unique spinal technique alongside other treatments and strengthening methods to improve my condition and get me back to work. I’ve been to several other clinics in my time as a competitive athlete and Alikas therapy coupled with his attentiveness to patients problems and injuries is second to none. Would highly recommend Alika and A2 PT to anyone with back issues or P.T. needs"