Nutrition is a key element to whole body wellness and sets the tone for your health and wellbeing. Poor nutrition will wreak havoc on internal organs and the body as a whole. It will also increase an accumulation of toxins within the body. Fortunately, these toxins can be removed in a variety of ways, one of which is massage. Massage releases the toxins that are stored within the tissues and fat cells of our bodies. For maximum benefit it is important to fuel up correctly, pre and post massage. If you have ample time to plan, the best foods to have before and after a massage are as follows:
1. Magnesium rich foods (almonds, avocados, wild salmon, cashews, pumpkin, brown rice) help to reduce inflammation and can help to calm the nervous system, giving your body the ability to relax.
2. Drink water! Try to avoid too much caffeine/coffee right before in order to keep blood pressure stable.
1. Drinking room temperature water helps to eliminate toxins from the body quickly. 20 oz. within the hour following is ideal, continuing to drink plenty the rest of the day.
2. Dark chocolate at 70-85% cacao and blueberries are great to have after massage, as the antioxidants help to decrease inflammation.
3. Broccoli is a good source of vitamin K, folic acid, calcium and vitamin C, which all help to repair and protect cells in the body.
"A2 has been a game changer for me. I’ve had back problems my entire life from high impact sports and now sitting at a desk for work. Dr. Antone’s wellness program has nearly eliminated my stiffness and soreness that use to bother me throughout the day. I’d highly recommend him and his team for turning your health around. Thank you A2!!"
"Danny was fantastic; he was able to quickly diagnose my issues and construct a plan for recovery that began showing results in a couple weeks. 10/10 would recommend to everyone."
"My experience was great. Pain in my lower right quadrant of my back is virtually gone. This has improved my quality of life tremendously. Everyone I had contact with was very courteous and helpful. Special thanks to Alika and Danny for helping me learn exercises that have helped my back. Thank you."