I once read, the mark of a truly successful “fit lifestyle” is being able to enjoy food without obsessing over it. It’s about living life and finding the balance that works for you. If you aren’t there yet, start taking steps to get there. Take it one day at a time and work on finding your balance.
I believe that’s the holy grail.
It is possible to enjoy this time of year with your family and friends while taking your health into consideration.
1. Dieting through the holidays is the #1 way to sabotage yourself. Enjoy small portions of what you love.
2. Choose your beverages wisely, alcohol has calories too.
3. Stay mindful while eating at parties and get-togethers. Enjoy small, frequent portions, and focus on proteins.
4. Exercise more! Do squats while brushing your teeth, calf raises while standing in line…any exercise is good for you and is a great way to keep your metabolism up throughout the day.
5. Stay hydrated. Using a reusable water bottle can help you keep track of daily consumption by calculating ounces and how many times the bottle was refilled.
6. Be selective, not rigid. Moderation is key.
7. Have a healthy snack before you go to holiday events – don’t starve yourself all day! That just leads to over-eating.
8. Bring healthy dishes to parties.
9. SLEEP! Often, our bodies confuse being tired with being hungry.
10. All-time favorite – resist workplace sweets. Keep a bag of oranges or seeds/nuts handy for when you need a snack.
Every moment is a fresh beginning, seize the moment!
"Dear Alika- I want to tell you how great A2 has been in helping me to succeed in getting better after my stroke. Your staff is not only knowledgeable but funny at the same time. They don’t make physical therapy seem tough; but they make it fun by teaching us the right way to stand, asking us how we are and encouraging us to reach our goals. My goal has always been to get back to “normal.” I appreciate all of your staff immensely. They are all great. You always have my recommendation for where to go for P.T."
"Kristi gives me a great positive feeling; to feel good bout myself. I have never been able to keep up on a food journal- now its easy. My personal goals are to have a decreased pulse rate, be fit, and take care of my heart. I come in on Wednedays at 5 am. Sometimes its hard to ge tout of bed, but I know I am working with someone (Kristi) who I am accountable too. Kristi is always so pleasant and never makes me feel ashamed of myself. A2 is a great place, each person is so positive. You learn to feel better by getting your mind to feel better first…. Think positive! I love this place, I will recommend each personto A2 either for PT or personal training. You guys are #1!"
"I began treatment with Alika after a back injury at work. I had already been out of work 3 weeks. Alika had an immediate impact on my back health and posture, providing more relief than I had felt with chiropractic/massage. Over the following month Alika used a unique spinal technique alongside other treatments and strengthening methods to improve my condition and get me back to work. I’ve been to several other clinics in my time as a competitive athlete and Alikas therapy coupled with his attentiveness to patients problems and injuries is second to none. Would highly recommend Alika and A2 PT to anyone with back issues or P.T. needs"