I once read, the mark of a truly successful “fit lifestyle” is being able to enjoy food without obsessing over it. It’s about living life and finding the balance that works for you. If you aren’t there yet, start taking steps to get there. Take it one day at a time and work on finding your balance.
I believe that’s the holy grail.
It is possible to enjoy this time of year with your family and friends while taking your health into consideration.
1. Dieting through the holidays is the #1 way to sabotage yourself. Enjoy small portions of what you love.
2. Choose your beverages wisely, alcohol has calories too.
3. Stay mindful while eating at parties and get-togethers. Enjoy small, frequent portions, and focus on proteins.
4. Exercise more! Do squats while brushing your teeth, calf raises while standing in line…any exercise is good for you and is a great way to keep your metabolism up throughout the day.
5. Stay hydrated. Using a reusable water bottle can help you keep track of daily consumption by calculating ounces and how many times the bottle was refilled.
6. Be selective, not rigid. Moderation is key.
7. Have a healthy snack before you go to holiday events – don’t starve yourself all day! That just leads to over-eating.
8. Bring healthy dishes to parties.
9. SLEEP! Often, our bodies confuse being tired with being hungry.
10. All-time favorite – resist workplace sweets. Keep a bag of oranges or seeds/nuts handy for when you need a snack.
Every moment is a fresh beginning, seize the moment!
"Working with Kristi has been an amazing and rewarding experience. I started with the goal to lose weight and gain strength and after a few months she has helped me to understand what it means to live a healthy and well-rounded life. She not only provides motivation in the gym, but she is a great support system emotionally. She knows her stuff when it relates to exercises and the body. I appreciate how she brings variety to our workouts while also keeping us safe. If I could I would workout with Kristi multiple times per week."
"I came to A2 PT to assist in my recovery of a torn Achilles tendon. Not fully knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised. Using a combination of PT (for strengthening and stretching) and massage (for scare tissue Break up) I feel my recovery has been accelerated. The whole crew Alika, Kristi, and Sophia are very kind, spirited, and passionate about their jobs! On a personal note, the word massage should be removed from the phrase deep tissue massage. It is very misleading-but it does work!
Keep up the great work gang!!"
"I’ve had 4 surgeries with different physical therapy clinics and this was my favorite. I felt comfortable and felt like I mattered to my PT which was a good feeling. My progress was as I had expected and any time I had a question or concern it was always answered and my PT adjusted. If it needed to be to avoid the pain I had I didn’t feel pressured to have more PT appointments or pressured to do workouts that aggravated my pain. Thank you for your help! I think offering stem and ultrasound for every patient will be really beneficial. Great experience overall."