I once read, the mark of a truly successful “fit lifestyle” is being able to enjoy food without obsessing over it. It’s about living life and finding the balance that works for you. If you aren’t there yet, start taking steps to get there. Take it one day at a time and work on finding your balance.
I believe that’s the holy grail.
It is possible to enjoy this time of year with your family and friends while taking your health into consideration.
1. Dieting through the holidays is the #1 way to sabotage yourself. Enjoy small portions of what you love.
2. Choose your beverages wisely, alcohol has calories too.
3. Stay mindful while eating at parties and get-togethers. Enjoy small, frequent portions, and focus on proteins.
4. Exercise more! Do squats while brushing your teeth, calf raises while standing in line…any exercise is good for you and is a great way to keep your metabolism up throughout the day.
5. Stay hydrated. Using a reusable water bottle can help you keep track of daily consumption by calculating ounces and how many times the bottle was refilled.
6. Be selective, not rigid. Moderation is key.
7. Have a healthy snack before you go to holiday events – don’t starve yourself all day! That just leads to over-eating.
8. Bring healthy dishes to parties.
9. SLEEP! Often, our bodies confuse being tired with being hungry.
10. All-time favorite – resist workplace sweets. Keep a bag of oranges or seeds/nuts handy for when you need a snack.
Every moment is a fresh beginning, seize the moment!
"Before I started coming to A2 I was always tired and could barely pick up or carry my grandchildren a ½ block. After the first 6 weeks of working with Kristi I got a big surprise when I took my grandchildren to a festival and carried the youngest 4 blocks before she woke up enough to walk. I then picked her up and put her on my shoulders so she could see better without effort. I was amazed at how much strength I had gained in a short time. I continue to see improvement in my strength and I’m no longer tired all the time."
"A2 has been a game changer for me. I’ve had back problems my entire life from high impact sports and now sitting at a desk for work. Dr. Antone’s wellness program has nearly eliminated my stiffness and soreness that use to bother me throughout the day. I’d highly recommend him and his team for turning your health around. Thank you A2!!"
"I found A2 Physical therapy was able to give me the help I needed in the exercises and cupping they gave me to loosen up my stiff joints and muscles that I could hardly move due to surgery, stiffness, and soreness. I think A2 PT are running a top notch business. The therapists that worked with and on me were extremely courteous. Molly was so helpful in my therapy and an absolute delight to work with. She got me back to 100% in just 4 weeks and my visits were 1 day a week. This was my first experience working with PT’s and it was totally a wonderful experience. Thank you A2 Physical Therapy and thank you Ms. Molly Daugherty for working with me and making my recovery and stability improve so quickly. Should I need PT again I will call you. Again many thanks."