I once read, the mark of a truly successful “fit lifestyle” is being able to enjoy food without obsessing over it. It’s about living life and finding the balance that works for you. If you aren’t there yet, start taking steps to get there. Take it one day at a time and work on finding your balance.
I believe that’s the holy grail.
It is possible to enjoy this time of year with your family and friends while taking your health into consideration.
1. Dieting through the holidays is the #1 way to sabotage yourself. Enjoy small portions of what you love.
2. Choose your beverages wisely, alcohol has calories too.
3. Stay mindful while eating at parties and get-togethers. Enjoy small, frequent portions, and focus on proteins.
4. Exercise more! Do squats while brushing your teeth, calf raises while standing in line…any exercise is good for you and is a great way to keep your metabolism up throughout the day.
5. Stay hydrated. Using a reusable water bottle can help you keep track of daily consumption by calculating ounces and how many times the bottle was refilled.
6. Be selective, not rigid. Moderation is key.
7. Have a healthy snack before you go to holiday events – don’t starve yourself all day! That just leads to over-eating.
8. Bring healthy dishes to parties.
9. SLEEP! Often, our bodies confuse being tired with being hungry.
10. All-time favorite – resist workplace sweets. Keep a bag of oranges or seeds/nuts handy for when you need a snack.
Every moment is a fresh beginning, seize the moment!
"I’ve had 4 surgeries with different physical therapy clinics and this was my favorite. I felt comfortable and felt like I mattered to my PT which was a good feeling. My progress was as I had expected and any time I had a question or concern it was always answered and my PT adjusted. If it needed to be to avoid the pain I had I didn’t feel pressured to have more PT appointments or pressured to do workouts that aggravated my pain. Thank you for your help! I think offering stem and ultrasound for every patient will be really beneficial. Great experience overall."
"I came in to A2 with a knee injury that left me with very limited mobility and muscle weakness. Danny and team did an excellent job of diagnosing exactly what my issues were and designing a treatment plan that allowed me to regain strength, balance, and confidence. I would recommend A2 without reservation as a skilled and professional team."
"A2 Physical Therapy is very professional. What I liked the most is that they are very thorough with their assessments and personalizing exercises/treatment according to my pain/limitations/injuries. I really do feel stronger and feel confident to get even stronger! Everyone has a super positive attitude which helps with motivation. Thank You!"
− A. Mun