I once read, the mark of a truly successful “fit lifestyle” is being able to enjoy food without obsessing over it. It’s about living life and finding the balance that works for you. If you aren’t there yet, start taking steps to get there. Take it one day at a time and work on finding your balance.
I believe that’s the holy grail.
It is possible to enjoy this time of year with your family and friends while taking your health into consideration.
1. Dieting through the holidays is the #1 way to sabotage yourself. Enjoy small portions of what you love.
2. Choose your beverages wisely, alcohol has calories too.
3. Stay mindful while eating at parties and get-togethers. Enjoy small, frequent portions, and focus on proteins.
4. Exercise more! Do squats while brushing your teeth, calf raises while standing in line…any exercise is good for you and is a great way to keep your metabolism up throughout the day.
5. Stay hydrated. Using a reusable water bottle can help you keep track of daily consumption by calculating ounces and how many times the bottle was refilled.
6. Be selective, not rigid. Moderation is key.
7. Have a healthy snack before you go to holiday events – don’t starve yourself all day! That just leads to over-eating.
8. Bring healthy dishes to parties.
9. SLEEP! Often, our bodies confuse being tired with being hungry.
10. All-time favorite – resist workplace sweets. Keep a bag of oranges or seeds/nuts handy for when you need a snack.
Every moment is a fresh beginning, seize the moment!
"Kristi’s weekly bootcamp has truly gotten me out of my comfort zone. I started attending with my family a few months ago. My first couple of times I was so ore! At times I became discouraged, but I just pushed through! I keep coming every week I am available. There’s no shaming if you must miss a week. You can even have someone go on your behalf if you miss a week. Since starting Kristi’s bootcamp I’ve said yes to other fitness opportunities I would have previously turned down. I now workout EVERYDAY and I’ve lost over 20 lbs since I first started coming. Thanks Kristi and to my family for introducing mw to this awesome bootcamp!"
"I loved it here! Everyone was so kind and welcoming and it is a very comfortable space to be in. That made it 100X easier to work on things, and ask plenty of questions. I seriously can’t think of anything to improve upon! Everything worked and helped me feel better, and is so exciting! Because of this, I can do more, and spend less time hurting."
"My wife was trying to get me to go to A2 after she was enjoying the classes. I am busy and wanted to go but always had an excuse. Well one she pre-paid for me to go. Time for me to face my fears about why I hadn’t been going because now I am going. First, I was in ok shape active just not work out shape plus what if I couldn’t beat my wife or the other women in class? What if I passed out?
As Saturday approached my fears rose and my brain searched for an excuse. Yet when I arrived at the class what I found was nothing like I was fearing, quite the opposite. Everyone is focused on their own pace. While being motivating Kristi is not forceful but positive and supportive, coaching each person at their ability.
It has not been a month of one day a week, my body has reacted by toning up, my six pack is back. My wife was mad and happy at the same time. I have been seeing a chiropractor for maintenance and recently my body is firming up and I do not feel the aches and pains of getting older. Was I sore after the first workout? Yes for a few days I was sore, but each week the soreness would decrease. After a month I am not sore but stiff the next day, feeling stronger each workout.
Thank you, A2 Physical Therapy and Kristi, for the good music and for pushing us without pressuring us."