Five Tips to Slay Your 2020 Goals
Did you improve your level of health and happiness in 2019? What are your goals in 2020? Here are some tips to help you find your own recipe for success — and make your new year the healthiest and happiest yet.
Five Tips to a Fitter You
If your new year's goal is to move your body more — whether to feel better, lose weight, gain strength, or increase mobility — the biggest step toward consistency is to remove obstacles. Here are five tips to help you get moving more — and best of all, feel and see the results. Let's do this!
1. Obsess About Success — The right coaching and community are important because surrounding yourself with people who will motivate you and hold you accountable is invaluable. Find a gym or group that is conveniently located, with the hours and accommodations that will work for you.
2. Make it a Habit — According to Atomic Habits by James Clear, tiny changes make big differences when you are consistent. So, make working out a habit by making it a commitment. Write it on your calendar like you would another non-negotiable — like a dentist appointment. Show up for yourself consistently and eventually your exercise routine will become, well, routine!
3. No Excuses — Can’t get to a gym? No problem. Take a walk or run outside. Dance with your kids. Take the stairs. YouTube a sweaty workout in your living room. Splurge on a Peloton bike! Move your body however you want — just do it.
4. Find Your Motivation — Sign up for an organized fun run, a 5K for a cause that is important to you, or something else that gives you a reason to prepare your body for a challenge you are committed to. Invite a friend and do it together. You can train, and when you finish, you’ll enjoy the reward of experiencing an achievement. Some events even have group trainings prior — meet new like-minded people.
5. Hire a Health Coach — If you feel overwhelmed before you even take your first step in a gym, or you are wanting to take your fitness to the next level, consider hiring a professional health coach. Health coaches assess everything from your current level of health, goals, habits, and more. They help you create a personalized plan to achieve a healthier and happier you. Connect with A2 Physical Therapy in Tacoma to get started today at a2pt.family or by calling 253.844.4137.
"Dan was great to work with, as was the whole staff at A2 PT. I have been through PT on my shoulders twice before with different places and by far this has been my best experience. As a fit person, who wanted to remain active during my recovery- I felt like my PT program covered that. Dan knew what my preferred activities were and tailored my treatment to be able to do those things. The treatment plan was more like a workout and I loved it. I felt like each week I was getting stronger. I also appreciated that I was asked for constant feedback about how I was feeling/doing. If I ever need PT again (fingers crossed I don’t) I’ll be back!"
"It was very helpful to be taught exercises I could do at home to alleviate the pain in my back and to make my stomach/diaphragm stronger. It was a great experience and I took away a lot of knowledge to help myself."
− T. Docherty
"Working with Kristi has been an amazing and rewarding experience. I started with the goal to lose weight and gain strength and after a few months she has helped me to understand what it means to live a healthy and well-rounded life. She not only provides motivation in the gym, but she is a great support system emotionally. She knows her stuff when it relates to exercises and the body. I appreciate how she brings variety to our workouts while also keeping us safe. If I could I would workout with Kristi multiple times per week."