Five Tips to Slay Your 2020 Goals
Did you improve your level of health and happiness in 2019? What are your goals in 2020? Here are some tips to help you find your own recipe for success — and make your new year the healthiest and happiest yet.
Five Tips to a Fitter You
If your new year's goal is to move your body more — whether to feel better, lose weight, gain strength, or increase mobility — the biggest step toward consistency is to remove obstacles. Here are five tips to help you get moving more — and best of all, feel and see the results. Let's do this!
1. Obsess About Success — The right coaching and community are important because surrounding yourself with people who will motivate you and hold you accountable is invaluable. Find a gym or group that is conveniently located, with the hours and accommodations that will work for you.
2. Make it a Habit — According to Atomic Habits by James Clear, tiny changes make big differences when you are consistent. So, make working out a habit by making it a commitment. Write it on your calendar like you would another non-negotiable — like a dentist appointment. Show up for yourself consistently and eventually your exercise routine will become, well, routine!
3. No Excuses — Can’t get to a gym? No problem. Take a walk or run outside. Dance with your kids. Take the stairs. YouTube a sweaty workout in your living room. Splurge on a Peloton bike! Move your body however you want — just do it.
4. Find Your Motivation — Sign up for an organized fun run, a 5K for a cause that is important to you, or something else that gives you a reason to prepare your body for a challenge you are committed to. Invite a friend and do it together. You can train, and when you finish, you’ll enjoy the reward of experiencing an achievement. Some events even have group trainings prior — meet new like-minded people.
5. Hire a Health Coach — If you feel overwhelmed before you even take your first step in a gym, or you are wanting to take your fitness to the next level, consider hiring a professional health coach. Health coaches assess everything from your current level of health, goals, habits, and more. They help you create a personalized plan to achieve a healthier and happier you. Connect with A2 Physical Therapy in Tacoma to get started today at a2pt.family or by calling 253.844.4137.
"After a three-car rear end accident, I had a concussion and severe whiplash. I picked A2 to help me recover. I will have to honestly say A2's expertise and therapists along with all the other staff, have been the "silver lining". They are very knowledgable and take the time to explain what they are doing. and why they are doing it. They are extremely friendly, thoughtful, and maintain flexible hours. I have followed the home exercises regularly and have seen steady improvement. This is very important as I am a small business owner with a physically demanding job. A2 has it all! Fantastic physical therapists, massage therapist, and personal fitness trainers, all under one roof. Alika is a visionary and A2 is the hidden jewel of PT, but not for long."
"I am impressed with the personnel that worked with me during this process for my back. Danny, Shelby, & Jackie are very knowledgeable, and available for all of the questions I brought up. I appreciated the constant evaluation of my progress during the six week process. I truly enjoyed their company as well. It isn't like going to a normal doctor's office. It was a very personal experience. Best yest is that the therapy worked very well. I am very pleased with the results. My pain is almost non-existent. Thank you very much."
"Dear Alika- I want to tell you how great A2 has been in helping me to succeed in getting better after my stroke. Your staff is not only knowledgeable but funny at the same time. They don’t make physical therapy seem tough; but they make it fun by teaching us the right way to stand, asking us how we are and encouraging us to reach our goals. My goal has always been to get back to “normal.” I appreciate all of your staff immensely. They are all great. You always have my recommendation for where to go for P.T."