Five Tips to Slay Your 2020 Goals
Did you improve your level of health and happiness in 2019? What are your goals in 2020? Here are some tips to help you find your own recipe for success — and make your new year the healthiest and happiest yet.
Five Tips to a Fitter You
If your new year's goal is to move your body more — whether to feel better, lose weight, gain strength, or increase mobility — the biggest step toward consistency is to remove obstacles. Here are five tips to help you get moving more — and best of all, feel and see the results. Let's do this!
1. Obsess About Success — The right coaching and community are important because surrounding yourself with people who will motivate you and hold you accountable is invaluable. Find a gym or group that is conveniently located, with the hours and accommodations that will work for you.
2. Make it a Habit — According to Atomic Habits by James Clear, tiny changes make big differences when you are consistent. So, make working out a habit by making it a commitment. Write it on your calendar like you would another non-negotiable — like a dentist appointment. Show up for yourself consistently and eventually your exercise routine will become, well, routine!
3. No Excuses — Can’t get to a gym? No problem. Take a walk or run outside. Dance with your kids. Take the stairs. YouTube a sweaty workout in your living room. Splurge on a Peloton bike! Move your body however you want — just do it.
4. Find Your Motivation — Sign up for an organized fun run, a 5K for a cause that is important to you, or something else that gives you a reason to prepare your body for a challenge you are committed to. Invite a friend and do it together. You can train, and when you finish, you’ll enjoy the reward of experiencing an achievement. Some events even have group trainings prior — meet new like-minded people.
5. Hire a Health Coach — If you feel overwhelmed before you even take your first step in a gym, or you are wanting to take your fitness to the next level, consider hiring a professional health coach. Health coaches assess everything from your current level of health, goals, habits, and more. They help you create a personalized plan to achieve a healthier and happier you. Connect with A2 Physical Therapy in Tacoma to get started today at a2pt.family or by calling 253.844.4137.
"Kristi’s weekly bootcamp has truly gotten me out of my comfort zone. I started attending with my family a few months ago. My first couple of times I was so ore! At times I became discouraged, but I just pushed through! I keep coming every week I am available. There’s no shaming if you must miss a week. You can even have someone go on your behalf if you miss a week. Since starting Kristi’s bootcamp I’ve said yes to other fitness opportunities I would have previously turned down. I now workout EVERYDAY and I’ve lost over 20 lbs since I first started coming. Thanks Kristi and to my family for introducing mw to this awesome bootcamp!"
"I began treatment with Alika after a back injury at work. I had already been out of work 3 weeks. Alika had an immediate impact on my back health and posture, providing more relief than I had felt with chiropractic/massage. Over the following month Alika used a unique spinal technique alongside other treatments and strengthening methods to improve my condition and get me back to work. I’ve been to several other clinics in my time as a competitive athlete and Alikas therapy coupled with his attentiveness to patients problems and injuries is second to none. Would highly recommend Alika and A2 PT to anyone with back issues or P.T. needs"
"The therapy did exactly as I had hoped, it helped alleviate my shoulder pain, and stopped the numbness from creeping down my arm to my hand. The exercises I was shown had the added benefit of helping keep my neck and traps loose and not so tense all the time. A great experience that I would recommend to anyone needing physical therapy."
− C. Wesley