Five Tips to Slay Your 2020 Goals
Did you improve your level of health and happiness in 2019? What are your goals in 2020? Here are some tips to help you find your own recipe for success — and make your new year the healthiest and happiest yet.
Five Tips to a Fitter You
If your new year's goal is to move your body more — whether to feel better, lose weight, gain strength, or increase mobility — the biggest step toward consistency is to remove obstacles. Here are five tips to help you get moving more — and best of all, feel and see the results. Let's do this!
1. Obsess About Success — The right coaching and community are important because surrounding yourself with people who will motivate you and hold you accountable is invaluable. Find a gym or group that is conveniently located, with the hours and accommodations that will work for you.
2. Make it a Habit — According to Atomic Habits by James Clear, tiny changes make big differences when you are consistent. So, make working out a habit by making it a commitment. Write it on your calendar like you would another non-negotiable — like a dentist appointment. Show up for yourself consistently and eventually your exercise routine will become, well, routine!
3. No Excuses — Can’t get to a gym? No problem. Take a walk or run outside. Dance with your kids. Take the stairs. YouTube a sweaty workout in your living room. Splurge on a Peloton bike! Move your body however you want — just do it.
4. Find Your Motivation — Sign up for an organized fun run, a 5K for a cause that is important to you, or something else that gives you a reason to prepare your body for a challenge you are committed to. Invite a friend and do it together. You can train, and when you finish, you’ll enjoy the reward of experiencing an achievement. Some events even have group trainings prior — meet new like-minded people.
5. Hire a Health Coach — If you feel overwhelmed before you even take your first step in a gym, or you are wanting to take your fitness to the next level, consider hiring a professional health coach. Health coaches assess everything from your current level of health, goals, habits, and more. They help you create a personalized plan to achieve a healthier and happier you. Connect with A2 Physical Therapy in Tacoma to get started today at a2pt.family or by calling 253.844.4137.
"Thanks so much - from the front desk, to my therapist Danny, to the owners. I felt supported by caring professionals while I recovered from my work related injuries. I felt encouraged to work hard to fully recover, and I feel like I have. Negotiating health care services can be overwhelming, but A2 made getting the care I needed straight forward. Thanks again for everything."
"A2 Physical Therapy is very professional. What I liked the most is that they are very thorough with their assessments and personalizing exercises/treatment according to my pain/limitations/injuries. I really do feel stronger and feel confident to get even stronger! Everyone has a super positive attitude which helps with motivation. Thank You!"
− A. Mun
"I found A2 Physical therapy was able to give me the help I needed in the exercises and cupping they gave me to loosen up my stiff joints and muscles that I could hardly move due to surgery, stiffness, and soreness. I think A2 PT are running a top notch business. The therapists that worked with and on me were extremely courteous. Molly was so helpful in my therapy and an absolute delight to work with. She got me back to 100% in just 4 weeks and my visits were 1 day a week. This was my first experience working with PT’s and it was totally a wonderful experience. Thank you A2 Physical Therapy and thank you Ms. Molly Daugherty for working with me and making my recovery and stability improve so quickly. Should I need PT again I will call you. Again many thanks."