Five Tips to Slay Your 2020 Goals
Did you improve your level of health and happiness in 2019? What are your goals in 2020? Here are some tips to help you find your own recipe for success — and make your new year the healthiest and happiest yet.
Five Tips to a Fitter You
If your new year's goal is to move your body more — whether to feel better, lose weight, gain strength, or increase mobility — the biggest step toward consistency is to remove obstacles. Here are five tips to help you get moving more — and best of all, feel and see the results. Let's do this!
1. Obsess About Success — The right coaching and community are important because surrounding yourself with people who will motivate you and hold you accountable is invaluable. Find a gym or group that is conveniently located, with the hours and accommodations that will work for you.
2. Make it a Habit — According to Atomic Habits by James Clear, tiny changes make big differences when you are consistent. So, make working out a habit by making it a commitment. Write it on your calendar like you would another non-negotiable — like a dentist appointment. Show up for yourself consistently and eventually your exercise routine will become, well, routine!
3. No Excuses — Can’t get to a gym? No problem. Take a walk or run outside. Dance with your kids. Take the stairs. YouTube a sweaty workout in your living room. Splurge on a Peloton bike! Move your body however you want — just do it.
4. Find Your Motivation — Sign up for an organized fun run, a 5K for a cause that is important to you, or something else that gives you a reason to prepare your body for a challenge you are committed to. Invite a friend and do it together. You can train, and when you finish, you’ll enjoy the reward of experiencing an achievement. Some events even have group trainings prior — meet new like-minded people.
5. Hire a Health Coach — If you feel overwhelmed before you even take your first step in a gym, or you are wanting to take your fitness to the next level, consider hiring a professional health coach. Health coaches assess everything from your current level of health, goals, habits, and more. They help you create a personalized plan to achieve a healthier and happier you. Connect with A2 Physical Therapy in Tacoma to get started today at a2pt.family or by calling 253.844.4137.
"My name is Irvin Markham. I am a member of A2 Physical Therapy and Fitness. I have been a member of several gyms but never had a personal trainer. With no schedule or workout plan, I would always eventually quit. My wife suggested to go see her personal trainer Kristi Cruz. What a difference the experience has made in helping me get the most out of my workouts. Kristi has not only helped me get 71 year old body back in shape physically, but mentally as well. She has put me on a set schedule and encourages me to do all the things I need to do to stay healthy. I cannot thank Kristi and the entire staff at A2 for all of the support they have shown me."
"I came in to A2 with a knee injury that left me with very limited mobility and muscle weakness. Danny and team did an excellent job of diagnosing exactly what my issues were and designing a treatment plan that allowed me to regain strength, balance, and confidence. I would recommend A2 without reservation as a skilled and professional team."
"Everyone at A2 is fantastic. Had a great experience from the 1st phone call. Don't change, you guys are awesome!"