Your heart does so much for you...take care of your heart by adding these 10 foods to your diet!
1. Leafy green vegetables- Kale and spinach are a great source of vitamin K, which protects the arteries and promotes proper blood clotting.
2. Berries- Strawberries, blueberries and black raspberries fight inflammation and stress with antioxidants and decreases the chance of heart disease.
3. Whole Grains- Brown rice, oats and quinoa are high in fiber which helps reduce LDLs (bad cholesterol).
4. Avocados- The main fatty acid is a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid. This is also the predominant fatty acid in olive oil, associated with various health benefits.
5. Fatty Fish- Salmon, trout, herring and mackerel are an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Studies show that people who eat fish tend to be much healthier, with a lower risk of heart disease, depression, dementia and all sorts of common diseases.
6. Healthy Nuts- Almonds, walnuts, macadamia and other nuts are high in protein, vitamin E and magnesium which lowers the risk of obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
7. Beans- Beans contain resistant starch which helps aid in digestion by promoting a healthy gut.
8. Tomatoes- They are loaded with lycopene- a natural plant pigment with powerful antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals.
9. Seeds- Chai, hemp and flax seeds are great sources of heart healthy nutrients and Omega 3 fatty acids!
10. Dark chocolate- Tasty and healthy! Not only can dark chocolate improve brain function, it's also rich in antioxidants that have potent biological activity, and can lower blood pressure and protect LDL cholesterol in the blood from becoming oxidized
"Dear Alika- I want to tell you how great A2 has been in helping me to succeed in getting better after my stroke. Your staff is not only knowledgeable but funny at the same time. They don’t make physical therapy seem tough; but they make it fun by teaching us the right way to stand, asking us how we are and encouraging us to reach our goals. My goal has always been to get back to “normal.” I appreciate all of your staff immensely. They are all great. You always have my recommendation for where to go for P.T."
"I’ve had 4 surgeries with different physical therapy clinics and this was my favorite. I felt comfortable and felt like I mattered to my PT which was a good feeling. My progress was as I had expected and any time I had a question or concern it was always answered and my PT adjusted. If it needed to be to avoid the pain I had I didn’t feel pressured to have more PT appointments or pressured to do workouts that aggravated my pain. Thank you for your help! I think offering stem and ultrasound for every patient will be really beneficial. Great experience overall."
"Kristi’s weekly bootcamp has truly gotten me out of my comfort zone. I started attending with my family a few months ago. My first couple of times I was so ore! At times I became discouraged, but I just pushed through! I keep coming every week I am available. There’s no shaming if you must miss a week. You can even have someone go on your behalf if you miss a week. Since starting Kristi’s bootcamp I’ve said yes to other fitness opportunities I would have previously turned down. I now workout EVERYDAY and I’ve lost over 20 lbs since I first started coming. Thanks Kristi and to my family for introducing mw to this awesome bootcamp!"