Your heart does so much for you...take care of your heart by adding these 10 foods to your diet!
1. Leafy green vegetables- Kale and spinach are a great source of vitamin K, which protects the arteries and promotes proper blood clotting.
2. Berries- Strawberries, blueberries and black raspberries fight inflammation and stress with antioxidants and decreases the chance of heart disease.
3. Whole Grains- Brown rice, oats and quinoa are high in fiber which helps reduce LDLs (bad cholesterol).
4. Avocados- The main fatty acid is a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid. This is also the predominant fatty acid in olive oil, associated with various health benefits.
5. Fatty Fish- Salmon, trout, herring and mackerel are an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Studies show that people who eat fish tend to be much healthier, with a lower risk of heart disease, depression, dementia and all sorts of common diseases.
6. Healthy Nuts- Almonds, walnuts, macadamia and other nuts are high in protein, vitamin E and magnesium which lowers the risk of obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
7. Beans- Beans contain resistant starch which helps aid in digestion by promoting a healthy gut.
8. Tomatoes- They are loaded with lycopene- a natural plant pigment with powerful antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals.
9. Seeds- Chai, hemp and flax seeds are great sources of heart healthy nutrients and Omega 3 fatty acids!
10. Dark chocolate- Tasty and healthy! Not only can dark chocolate improve brain function, it's also rich in antioxidants that have potent biological activity, and can lower blood pressure and protect LDL cholesterol in the blood from becoming oxidized
"I’m really glad I am going to A2. My PT Danny is very knowledgeable and courteous. He pin-pointed the area affected in my hip and back. We are working to improve my strength, range of motion and ultimately lessen my pain with Danny’s wide range of stretches and strength techniques to improve my quality of life. So far in the three weeks that I’ve been enrolled I’m very impressed with A2 Physical Therapy. Thanks Danny!"
"Physically and mentally as healthy as I can be is my goal. My father lived to 93 and fairly healthy physically and mentally. My mother is 96 years old and is failing mentally and physically. I have watched the good and bad of aging. My chances of longevity is good but I want to be mentally and physically as healthy as I can be. Not until I started working out with Kristi Cruz at A2 did I know how to prepare myself for my road ahead. Kristi has given me the tools and information for me to understand what I need. She has led me by my hands and feet to improve me physically and talked and explained to help me understand the process. Working out with Kristi two or three times per week is a priority and my recipe for good mental and physical health. My name is Geri Markham and I am 71 years old. I feel as fit as I could be at my age. I have to give all the credit to Kristi Cruz at A2 for walking with me through the process. I would recommend Kristi totally if you are interested in learning to be physically and mentally healthy as you move on in life. Life is good thanks to A2 and Kristi Cruz."
"Thanks so much - from the front desk, to my therapist Danny, to the owners. I felt supported by caring professionals while I recovered from my work related injuries. I felt encouraged to work hard to fully recover, and I feel like I have. Negotiating health care services can be overwhelming, but A2 made getting the care I needed straight forward. Thanks again for everything."