Your heart does so much for you...take care of your heart by adding these 10 foods to your diet!
1. Leafy green vegetables- Kale and spinach are a great source of vitamin K, which protects the arteries and promotes proper blood clotting.
2. Berries- Strawberries, blueberries and black raspberries fight inflammation and stress with antioxidants and decreases the chance of heart disease.
3. Whole Grains- Brown rice, oats and quinoa are high in fiber which helps reduce LDLs (bad cholesterol).
4. Avocados- The main fatty acid is a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid. This is also the predominant fatty acid in olive oil, associated with various health benefits.
5. Fatty Fish- Salmon, trout, herring and mackerel are an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Studies show that people who eat fish tend to be much healthier, with a lower risk of heart disease, depression, dementia and all sorts of common diseases.
6. Healthy Nuts- Almonds, walnuts, macadamia and other nuts are high in protein, vitamin E and magnesium which lowers the risk of obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
7. Beans- Beans contain resistant starch which helps aid in digestion by promoting a healthy gut.
8. Tomatoes- They are loaded with lycopene- a natural plant pigment with powerful antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals.
9. Seeds- Chai, hemp and flax seeds are great sources of heart healthy nutrients and Omega 3 fatty acids!
10. Dark chocolate- Tasty and healthy! Not only can dark chocolate improve brain function, it's also rich in antioxidants that have potent biological activity, and can lower blood pressure and protect LDL cholesterol in the blood from becoming oxidized
"My name is Irvin Markham. I am a member of A2 Physical Therapy and Fitness. I have been a member of several gyms but never had a personal trainer. With no schedule or workout plan, I would always eventually quit. My wife suggested to go see her personal trainer Kristi Cruz. What a difference the experience has made in helping me get the most out of my workouts. Kristi has not only helped me get 71 year old body back in shape physically, but mentally as well. She has put me on a set schedule and encourages me to do all the things I need to do to stay healthy. I cannot thank Kristi and the entire staff at A2 for all of the support they have shown me."
"I loved it here! Everyone was so kind and welcoming and it is a very comfortable space to be in. That made it 100X easier to work on things, and ask plenty of questions. I seriously can’t think of anything to improve upon! Everything worked and helped me feel better, and is so exciting! Because of this, I can do more, and spend less time hurting."
"It was very helpful to be taught exercises I could do at home to alleviate the pain in my back and to make my stomach/diaphragm stronger. It was a great experience and I took away a lot of knowledge to help myself."
− T. Docherty